27 August 2015

Adonis Blue makes it 41 !

Date: 27/08/2015
Location: Rodborough Common & Slimbridge
Weather: There wasn't snow! But rain, wind, thunder temp 12-20c
Other Species:
Rodborough: Redstart, Kestrel - Chalkhill Blue, Adonis Blue, Tortoiseshell, Small White.
Slimbridge: Common Sandpiper, Green Sandpiper, Greenshank, Buzzard, Ruff, Snipe.
Observations:With my trusted BBC Weather app saying sunshine thought I'd drive up Rodborough Common as Adonis Blue here day before, thanks to Twitter ! 
But the drive up soon turned wet and grey! On arriving a gap in the cloud and I was off over the Common saw a lovely Redstart but lens cap on camera !
Almost the first butterfly I saw was a Adonis Blue hiding in grass but now its raining !! 
Back to Van for coffee after 20 mins it stopped so back to where I saw Adonis, very few butterflies not surprising windy and the odd rumble of thunder !


Didn't find any more Adonis Blues but that one puts my Butterfly life list to 41 !
 Around 20 Chalkhill blues all landing low in grass :(
Clouding over again.


 Jumped in Van and started to drive to Slimbridge, that coffee I left on side has just fallen into my walking bag! Nice ;(
But it's now sunny, car park very full. Headed to Rushy Hide and a Common Sandpiper was scurrying in front of hide.


A Greenshank standing still looked nice in the sunshine.


Green Sandpipers of which there were 10+ were buzzing all over the place 


Also Ruff, Snipe, Lapwing, Greylags from the Rushy hide.


Last shot was Wednesday went for a walk there on My Site Here, while there thought I'd look for Silver Spotted Skipper, yeah right good job Met Office ! Again .


Thanks For Reading !

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments if you have visited Newton St Loe recently, would like to add some sightings or even if you just like the page!
Thanks NSL-Birding...